Discover the three vitamin deficiencies behind sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome.
B12 deficiency video: ▶️
B1 deficiency videos: ▶️ ▶️
0:00 Introduction: Common deficiencies in sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome 0:55 Vitamin B6 7:08 Vitamin B12 9:13 Vitamin B1 11:10 Learn more about what to do for sciatic nerve pain!
Today I’m going to share three common nutritional deficiencies related to sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome and ways to tell which one might be affecting you most.
Vitamins B1, B6, and B12 are intimately involved in the nervous system and may be behind these painful conditions.
1. Vitamin B6 benefits • Helps build the myelin sheath • Helps produce neurotransmitters • Helps protect sensory nerve integrity • Helps increase nerve conduction and velocity • Is involved in the metabolism of the nervous system
Vitamin B6 deficiency causes: • Taking the wrong form of vitamin B6 in large amounts • Gut inflammation • Celiac disease • Crohn’s disease • Age • Certain medications • Alcohol • Birth control pills • Certain genetic variations • Smoking • Diabetes • Excess coffee consumption
* It’s important to take the active form of vitamin B6, pyridoxal-5-phosphate (P5P).
2. Vitamin B12 benefits: • Helps support nerve regeneration • Helps support myelin production • Helps support nerve growth factors
Vitamin B12 deficiency causes: • Certain genetic factors • Lack of animal products in the diet • Low stomach acid • Excess consumption of folic acid • Alcohol • Diabetes • Malabsorption • Birth control pills
* It’s important to take the natural form of vitamin B12, methylcobalamin.
3. Vitamin B1 (thiamine) benefits: • Helps support blood flow to the nerves • Helps counter the complications of diabetes
* It’s important to take the fat-soluble version of vitamin B1, benfotiamine.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio: Dr. Berg, age 57, is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of the best-selling book The Healthy Keto Plan, and is the Director of Dr. Berg Nutritionals. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
Follow Me On Social Media: Facebook:
Send a Message to his team:
Disclaimer: Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
#keto #ketodiet #weightloss #ketolifestyle
Thanks for watching! I hope this helps increase your awareness of the vitamin deficiencies involved in sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome. I’ll see you in the next video.
By: Dr. Eric Berg DC Title: The 3 Vitamin Deficiencies in Sciatica and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Sourced From: www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-nrK7wcnvc